Budget Advisory Committee Minutes
May 1, 2007
Members Present: Paul Cowled, Bruce Dodge, John Erdman, Norman, Nickerson, Mike Steere, Kent Vincent
Chairman Dodge called meeting to order at 7:07pm
1. Minutes from April 17, 2007 meeting
a. Minutes were reviewed and amended to clarify acronyms used
b. Minutes approved as amended.
2. Priorities for Budget Advisory Committee
a. Each member was asked to select the top five priorities from the list of topics generated at the 4/17/07 meeting.
b. Based on the priorities listed by the committee members the following top five priorities were identified:
(1) Work with departments to provide on-going budget assistance.
(2) Evaluating funding options for road repairs.
(3/4) Collecting financial data and creating a comparison with Greenfield
(3/4) Evaluating the merits of capital reserve accounts.
(5) Exploring best practices.
3. Meeting with Board of Selectmen - The Budget Advisory Committee met with the Board of Selectmen to discuss the prioritized list of projects along with other items. (See minutes of Selectmen’s meeting for details.)
4. Members briefly discussed potential assignments for working with town departments.
5. Next meeting April 8, 2007 at 7:00pm.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.